April has been a very busy month so far! Oh my where to begin? I guess I already blogged about the Preds game so no need to revisit that part of the month. That was Saturday the 4th, on that Monday my friend Amy and her son Ethan came to visit. The first two days were rough cause I had alot going on so I couldn't really hang out with them and I felt badly. Monday night about two hours after she got here we had to run out the door to girl scouts. I had to be there so gotta do what you gotta do I guess. Tuesday morning I had to run around and get stuff for Kaylee's school Easter party as I was one of the party planners and I am lame and waited till the last second... literally we were putting things together as I was walking out the door. The party went well though and the kids made really cute eggs (that I totally stole from Amy cause she brought us some when she came) They were so cute! I didn't take a picture though so I am a bit bummed about it. We will be making them next year for the kids in her class.
Wednesday I let Mykenzie play hooky from school. It was her first absence from school all year so I think it is fine. We went downtown Nashville in search of Las Paletas gourmet popsicles. Ethan had seen a show where they were featured on the food network and wanted to give them a try. I must say it was MUCH easier to find than people in the review articles had me thinking and they were very yummy! I had a rice one, it was so good! Then we went to the Adventure Science museum and let the kids play and have fun for a couple of hours.
Thursday was back to the grind with the kids in school. Amy had something she wanted to see downtown so they headed that way and I just hung out and ended up at Panera with Chandra (shock, lol)
Friday was the day the bottom dropped out. I could write a really long drawn out story but I don't feel like it. So lets just say we planned to go shopping, made it to Hobby Lobby. Left and was headed to Target, EBS came on the radio, we saw a funnel cloud we high tailed our butts into Lowes and hid out in their bathrooms for over an hour. We now know Murfreesboro was hit for somewhere around 23 miles by an EF4 tornado, killing 2 people, injuring many more and leaving hundreds and hundreds of families with no homes. I only personally know 1 person that lost their home and luckily they were not home at the time. Though several friends of mine live just a handful of houses away from the storms path and I have thanked God many times that he kept them and their homes safe. Our city is down and still visibly shaken 5 days later. To watch footage of it ripping through the city on youtube and seeing the pictures people have taken on the various news sites are unbelievable. We drove around to the areas where the roads are actually open yesterday..... devastating. This is a photo of a photo that Amy took with her cell phone while we were huddled in the Lowes bathroom.
Saturday Amy and Ethan headed home and I listened to my children ask a million times why they had to leave so EARLY in the day (it was like 9 am lol) I told them they probably couldn't wait to get back to cozy South Carolina after all they experienced while here, from snow flurries (yes in April, don't even get me started) on Monday and Tuesday to the EF4 Tornado on Friday. I would want to get the hell out of dodge if I were them. We joked with the girls that they will probably never want to come back after that visit! LOL We finally got around to coloring eggs Saturday night. I meant to have the kids do it when Amy and Ethan were here :( Also I totally suck and didn't get a single picture of them while they were here. WTH?


Sunday was Easter!! Hope everyone had a good one. We did the usual, girls get up find eggs and baskets. Squeal over what the EB brought and spend the day playing with their new things, pigging out on candy and strewing easter grass all over the house! lol Travis ended up having to go into work because he got a call that the ceiling collapsed in one of his stores. And boy did it ever! Crazy. So glad the store was closed because someone surely would have been severely injured or worse.


Now we have started a new week and put last weeks total craziness behind us. I have to look forward to this weekend where I will be taking my college assessment test on Saturday! Yikes. After studying math for many many hours yesterday I am now resigned to the fact I will certainly not be testing out of math classes and sadly will have to take math in the fall. There is just no way. I can't believe how much you FORGET! You know why though, cause it is totally useless crap that if you don't work as an engineer or builder you really never ever freaking use. I talked to Amber to get her to walk me through a couple of problems and she actually told me I could be quite screwed (not in those exact words) lol But she walked me through some things and it helped alot. Seriously people I had to sit and google things like what the numerator and denominator in a fraction was (too bad Mykenzie was at school I am sure she would have known) and how to subtract negative numbers! Hopefully the things I re-learned yesterday will stick with me and I will know how to apply them on the test to at least place out of remedial math. Retaking Algebra wouldn't be a big deal to me as long as they don't put my ass in geometry. That may make me find an entire new field to go into.
Last thing for this post. Mykenzie had an orthodontist appointment yesterday. Friday night she popped one of her brackets off (she was biting her nail) He told me it was fine and just to wait to come in since she had an appt. yesterday anyhow. So they ended up taking that bracket off, it was the one on a baby tooth on the side of the gap that the tooth has been missing from for 2 years! They went ahead and took it off because it is FINALLY starting to come in! yay!! They also took the palate expander out of her mouth! She is so happy. She hasn't had to tighten it in about a month or so but she is happy to have it out! She can talk normally again. :) She also got something put on the front of them which I guess will tighten them up and pull the gap between her 2 front teeth (caused by the palate expander) back together. So now she has pink braces which she likes much better :) I can't wait to see what her teeth look like when she can finally get them off, but we have a long while before that will happen. That tooth has to come in and get its own bracket to straighten it up first.
I lied, 1 more thing... I am still working out! woo hoo! This is probably the longest in my life I have kept it up. I didn't last week cause Amy was here but have twice so far this week. I *think* I figured out a work out plan that will fit into my schedule and get me at least 3 workouts a week that are at least an hour long! I am determined toremove my wings tone my arms, lose the friction from the thighs rubbing together shape and tone thighs, and lose my second ass. Not to mention become more (much more) flexible, and to be able to do things without being totally winded. I have already seen a HUGE improvement in the amount of back pain I have. For those who don't know I have terrible back pain, I guess it is technically my shoulders but I have had it for about 8+ years. It is daily just some days are way worse than others. I still have pain but it has been so much better!! Thank you yoga.
Alright I have sufficiently procrastinated enough for the day. Time to hit the books, joy
*Look what I did last week!!! This was my first try at french braiding ever in my life. It looks pretty dang good if I do say so myself. Not sure I will ever be able to do it again, beginners luck and all that but I am proud for the moment ;)


Wednesday I let Mykenzie play hooky from school. It was her first absence from school all year so I think it is fine. We went downtown Nashville in search of Las Paletas gourmet popsicles. Ethan had seen a show where they were featured on the food network and wanted to give them a try. I must say it was MUCH easier to find than people in the review articles had me thinking and they were very yummy! I had a rice one, it was so good! Then we went to the Adventure Science museum and let the kids play and have fun for a couple of hours.
Thursday was back to the grind with the kids in school. Amy had something she wanted to see downtown so they headed that way and I just hung out and ended up at Panera with Chandra (shock, lol)
Friday was the day the bottom dropped out. I could write a really long drawn out story but I don't feel like it. So lets just say we planned to go shopping, made it to Hobby Lobby. Left and was headed to Target, EBS came on the radio, we saw a funnel cloud we high tailed our butts into Lowes and hid out in their bathrooms for over an hour. We now know Murfreesboro was hit for somewhere around 23 miles by an EF4 tornado, killing 2 people, injuring many more and leaving hundreds and hundreds of families with no homes. I only personally know 1 person that lost their home and luckily they were not home at the time. Though several friends of mine live just a handful of houses away from the storms path and I have thanked God many times that he kept them and their homes safe. Our city is down and still visibly shaken 5 days later. To watch footage of it ripping through the city on youtube and seeing the pictures people have taken on the various news sites are unbelievable. We drove around to the areas where the roads are actually open yesterday..... devastating. This is a photo of a photo that Amy took with her cell phone while we were huddled in the Lowes bathroom.
Saturday Amy and Ethan headed home and I listened to my children ask a million times why they had to leave so EARLY in the day (it was like 9 am lol) I told them they probably couldn't wait to get back to cozy South Carolina after all they experienced while here, from snow flurries (yes in April, don't even get me started) on Monday and Tuesday to the EF4 Tornado on Friday. I would want to get the hell out of dodge if I were them. We joked with the girls that they will probably never want to come back after that visit! LOL We finally got around to coloring eggs Saturday night. I meant to have the kids do it when Amy and Ethan were here :( Also I totally suck and didn't get a single picture of them while they were here. WTH?
Sunday was Easter!! Hope everyone had a good one. We did the usual, girls get up find eggs and baskets. Squeal over what the EB brought and spend the day playing with their new things, pigging out on candy and strewing easter grass all over the house! lol Travis ended up having to go into work because he got a call that the ceiling collapsed in one of his stores. And boy did it ever! Crazy. So glad the store was closed because someone surely would have been severely injured or worse.
Now we have started a new week and put last weeks total craziness behind us. I have to look forward to this weekend where I will be taking my college assessment test on Saturday! Yikes. After studying math for many many hours yesterday I am now resigned to the fact I will certainly not be testing out of math classes and sadly will have to take math in the fall. There is just no way. I can't believe how much you FORGET! You know why though, cause it is totally useless crap that if you don't work as an engineer or builder you really never ever freaking use. I talked to Amber to get her to walk me through a couple of problems and she actually told me I could be quite screwed (not in those exact words) lol But she walked me through some things and it helped alot. Seriously people I had to sit and google things like what the numerator and denominator in a fraction was (too bad Mykenzie was at school I am sure she would have known) and how to subtract negative numbers! Hopefully the things I re-learned yesterday will stick with me and I will know how to apply them on the test to at least place out of remedial math. Retaking Algebra wouldn't be a big deal to me as long as they don't put my ass in geometry. That may make me find an entire new field to go into.
Last thing for this post. Mykenzie had an orthodontist appointment yesterday. Friday night she popped one of her brackets off (she was biting her nail) He told me it was fine and just to wait to come in since she had an appt. yesterday anyhow. So they ended up taking that bracket off, it was the one on a baby tooth on the side of the gap that the tooth has been missing from for 2 years! They went ahead and took it off because it is FINALLY starting to come in! yay!! They also took the palate expander out of her mouth! She is so happy. She hasn't had to tighten it in about a month or so but she is happy to have it out! She can talk normally again. :) She also got something put on the front of them which I guess will tighten them up and pull the gap between her 2 front teeth (caused by the palate expander) back together. So now she has pink braces which she likes much better :) I can't wait to see what her teeth look like when she can finally get them off, but we have a long while before that will happen. That tooth has to come in and get its own bracket to straighten it up first.
I lied, 1 more thing... I am still working out! woo hoo! This is probably the longest in my life I have kept it up. I didn't last week cause Amy was here but have twice so far this week. I *think* I figured out a work out plan that will fit into my schedule and get me at least 3 workouts a week that are at least an hour long! I am determined to
Alright I have sufficiently procrastinated enough for the day. Time to hit the books, joy
*Look what I did last week!!! This was my first try at french braiding ever in my life. It looks pretty dang good if I do say so myself. Not sure I will ever be able to do it again, beginners luck and all that but I am proud for the moment ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment