Today was test day. I know to most people taking a placement test to enter college wouldn't be a big deal but to me it was. I haven't been in school for 11 years and as far as math, it has been 12+ since I have taken a class. Suffice it to say I have forgotten about everything I have ever learned. I have been studying all freaking week during every spare moment just trying to refresh my memory, from subtracting negative numbers, to fractions, to the Pythagorean theorem. CRAP! I didn't want to take it and find out I am only as smart as a person who completed 8th grade. You know? I went into it thinking that I would not do well on the math and computer (it has been a long time since I have made a detailed excel sheet and have never seen power point) but figured I would do well enough on reading and writing.
So anyhow today was the day. Luckily it started with reading which was pretty easy. I am not the queen of know where commas go so I am sure I missed a few there but ended up with a score of 93 which means I have no reading requirement for school. Yay! Second was the writing, I basically had to proof read an essay. I ended up with a score of 98!! Yay me! This score qualifies me to go straight in college English classes (I have to take 2 for the nursing degree)
The math test seriously left me scratching my head and guessing on about 70% of the test. I had no clue how to do most of the problems despite all of the hours of study time. I knew for sure I bombed it. He comes over to give me my scores and I tell him, "you don't even have to say it I know I did terrible on the math" turns out I was right! lol HOWEVER, terrible is still good enough to put me into college level classes which means I *should* NOT have to take any math (other than dosage calculations) because it isn't required for the nursing degree. Let me just tell you how freaking happy I am about that! Seriously I only scored a 55 and a 54 on the math portion so I don't know what the cut off for it is but that is a pretty low score and I am shocked it put me through.
After that was done I had to take a 30 minute timed computer test. OMG I can't believe that I was worried I wouldn't pass it. If you have ever used a computer in your life you should pass that thing. It was stuff like close this window, what does minimize mean, open this document. Crazy easy stuff. I got 2 things wrong just by accidentally hitting the wrong stupid button and still ended up with a 90 something percent.
All in all it was a pretty darn good morning. I wish I would have done better on the math but in the grand scheme of things I don't really care.
This afternoon we went in search of a new video camera since ours died at Christmas. After 3 stores we finally have a new one and we can tape Kaylee's graduation next month. They gave me some grim news about my old one though. They said there was no way for me to get my videos off my mini DV tapes unless I take them somewhere and have it done. I seriously need to find someone with a video camera with those tapes that would be willing to let me borrow it for a few days so I can transfer my tapes to DVD. Anyone?
2 comments:
Congrats on your test scores! That is awesome! The thought of going back to school after so many years is scary to me! You are very brave!! Good luck with everything!!
Awesome job! I'm glad it went so well!!!!
Post a Comment