Yep that would be a square cork board.... just what I have been wanting. Guess how much.... 25 cents!!!
I went to another one but had no luck and finished up my yard sale spree in my neighborhood where I picked up these for $2...
and while I was waiting for the lady to get me a bag, the man said do you need a lamp and I turned around and saw this lamp that I had completely overlooked!
So I spent a total of $11.50 (I got a little glass vase too) and am very happy with my purchases as is Travis.
Then we made breakfast and ate our French Toast and I showed Travis the purchases I made at Hobby Lobby on Thursday and he got busy hanging them up for me.
Since the girls have been in school we have always hung backpacks on the door knob to the kitchen door that goes to the garage. Travis has decided he no longer wanted them their so I found a cute solution, it was not at all what he wanted but I am happy with it :)
I had an idea in my head for what I wanted in the girls bathroom to hang towels ever since we redid it all those months ago. Well I never found it. So walking through Hobby Lobby I passed this cute solution and voila, now they have hooks for their towels instead of door knobs!!!
After that was all done my awesome husband took it upon himself to sand and prime my 8ft 2x6 that I bought to make some Christmas gifts and I threw in a couple of 2x4s and this little diddy too :)
That would be a ceramic trivet surrounded by cork :) The cork is covered with paper as to no get primer on it and the trivet has been primed for the next step! I know you are just dying with anticipation to know what it is that I will possibly be making with all these treasures. I can't wait to see how everything turns out. I never thought I got the crafty gene and I may not have but I am perfectly capable of stealing other people's ideas and making them into something of my own ;)
In about an hour I will be going out to dinner with my girls to celebrate (late) one of their bdays. Then tonight I am going to Bunco with my moms group! Seriously, it was the perfect day!
3 comments:
Love the craft ideas. I also love the solution to the backpack issue.
I'd say you got the crafting gene. Love all your goodies!!
What a perfect day!
I love the things you found and I can't wait to see what you're going to do with the wood!
I'd say you got the crafting gene too! :)
Post a Comment