Can you believe it is November already? Doesn't it seem like it was just last week that I started my Christmas countdown and we had 20 weeks? Guess what it is now... SEVEN! Whew! I am so ready to get my shopping done. I have 2 people checked off my list but that's it.
Halloween was over and apparently Fall left with it. We have temps in the mid 70's! Seriously, last week our high was 45. What the heck? Next up is Thanksgiving and I imagine we will be staying home and I'll be cooking for the 4 of us. Fine by me, I enjoy our quiet family holidays. There are some aspects of having all your family around during the holidays that I wish we had but in those cases you have to take the good along with the bad soooo, yeah.
Our busy times are slowing down for a couple of weeks, well at least during the week. Travis will be traveling a ton this month, joy. He has several trips to Chicago and one to Ohio planned. He and 2 of his brothers bought some property up there so he will be going up to do some work, I wish we could go with him but I am not going to pull the girls out of school. Oh well.
The girls are both doing great. They both seem to have gotten a worse attitude lately though. Not sure what the deal is there. Mykenzie has been fine with us but super mean to Kaylee. Kaylee has just been behaving horribly for a couple weeks now. She is generally ok when it is just her and I but add anyone else in the mix and watch out. We are working on it. On the plus side with the girls though they are both doing great at school! Kaylee has learned alot and has not gotten anything but a green light all year.
I had Mykenzie's parent teacher conference last week and her teacher had alot of wonderful things to say about her. She said she has the potential to be a great leader if she can gain in a little more confidence in her abilities. She also got her test scores back from the TCAP testing at the end of last year. She scored really well on everything. She is barely below average in Vocabulary and Language everything else she scored in the 70's and in Spelling she scored 81 and in Social Studies she scored a 94! If she can vamp up her vocab and language I see a politician in our future. Let's just hope she is a democrat! In her defense her wonderful (she says sarcastically) teacher last year did not work on vocab and writing with them hardly at all last year. I actually thought it was strange that she never had to do any writing but thought maybe the little bit they did do was normal. I don't think so now, I so dislike that woman. I think this year we will see a big change in those scores because she has a much much better teacher.
November 4th is tomorrow!!! It is FINALLY election day! I am so over the election, I know you would never know it from talking to me or reading this blog! lol I really want my guy to win,for once but I am tired of listening to the back and forth and at this point they are both just saying the same things over and over. So if you haven't voted already (I love early voting and cast my vote for Obama last week) make sure you get out and vote tomorrow!! ESPECIALLY if you live in a battleground state and you are voting for Obama!! Hopefully we will know without a doubt who our new president is by tomorrow at 9!
No comments:
Post a Comment