Thursday, May 29, 2008

Well part of the song is true!

No more pencils, no more books, no more teacher's dirty looks!!! That is right my friends (hmm, I sound like McCain) school is out for the summer!!! I am so happy that this year is over. I am sad that time is going by so quickly and my baby girl is going to be in 3rd grade already.... BUT I am so done with second grade. We had such a rough year and I am hoping for a much much better year in 3rd grade! We decided that Mykenzie will still be doing school work at home this summer. Last year she forgot alot of what she learned and had to start over and since she isn't where we would like her to be anyhow anything extra will really help. She has done well in school, don't get me wrong, but we know she can do better. And thanks to teacher of the year we didn't know how much she could have advanced if she would have actually been taught. I am not going to start on that yet again though. She brought home a ton of workbooks that are less than halfway completed and she is not reading where she should be so she has her work cut out for her this summer. Plus we need to make her feel more confident about her abilities and make her learn to trust that she is smart enough to do this stuff. So it is summer and we are done with her teacher (thank you Jesus)but the books and pencils remain. We will still do plenty of fun things so don't think I am going to force her to do school work all day but she will have to do a few things everyday unless we are on vacation :) Happy Summer Break!!

2 comments:

Amber said...

Darn...no one to imply that you can't afford paper plates. I'll have to email you advertisements from Dollar General so that you don't have to miss out ;-)

Barbara said...

Yea!! School's out for summer! Autumn and Breanna brought home lots of partially used workbooks too and I plan to get them to do some work this summer too!