Friday, May 09, 2008

Ahh Friday

Today we were out of bed by 5:30 and out the door by 6:20 headed to Chandra's for our yard sale. We stayed pretty busy and sold a bit of stuff. Still have tomorrow left so I am hoping the rest will go tomorrow, at least the toddler bed and mattress! Then I took Mykenzie to get evaluated for swim lessons. She is in level 2! Woo hoo! I am thrilled she gets to skip level 1 which is where I thought she would be for sure. It is a 6 lesson class so hopefully by the end of summer she will have completed all 5 lessons and rock at swimming :) She doesn't start till June 3rd and will go twice a week. Right now she is the only one signed up for the class so that is sweet cause she will get lots of attention if she is the only student! I want to put Kaylee in also but I am NOT getting in with her. I guess I should have checked into it to see how old you have to be to go in without a parent. Either way I will put her in next February-ish so she will be able to do basics by next summer.

Right now I am debating on what activities to put the girls in and I think I am leaning toward putting both in gymnastics. I was going to do dance for Kaylee but it is pricey with shoes and leotards and then costumes for the recitals. So I am thinking that gymnastics will be the way to go. Plus if they are in the same thing I get a discount ;) And I think they will both love it. Mykenzie has been begging for me to put her in it.

I think I am going to put Mykenzie in softball also. We missed Spring sign ups but we will catch it next time around. I think she would like to do that but if she decides against it oh well. Once I get Kaylee checked out by a cardiologist again (nothing is wrong, she has a murmur still and we had issues when she was born so I just want it checked again before I let her do sports) I will look into getting her into some type of sports as well. On second thought I should find a place that does tennis for Mykenzie, she would probably really enjoy that. Hmm. Anyone know of a place that does tennis here?

Now for the funny of the day... When getting Kaylee out of the car to take Kenzie to the swim thing I look at her and say, "you look like a ragamuffin" and she said I look like a drag a ga gone. I laughed and said "a ragamuffin" and she says "I look like a draga queen!" OMG I have such silly children

1 comment:

Amber said...

Wow, that's great about the swim evaluation! I'm glad that she gets to skip the first one.

Hope you are raking in the dough at the garage sale as I type this :).