Saturday, May 31, 2008

Girl scout awards ceremony

Today we had a bridging ceremony for our girl scouts. Mykenzie wasn't moving up yet but she had some girls in her troop her were and the Daisy's moved up to Brownies as well. Mykenzie sot some patches, her 3 year pin as well as the "Eager Beaver Award" For always being so eager to help and willing to try new activities with enthusiasm. I also got an award, which I wasn't expecting at all because I wasn't as involved as I was last year (got some then too) as well as a camping patch. Next year I will be very involved because I will be helping out with the brownies, so I will be at every meeting. Kaylee will have to go with me so they are going to make her an honorary Daisy, even though she won't technically be old enough to be one. So she will be thrilled she gets to be involved. Part of me is like, ugg what was I thinking agreeing to this but another part is looking forward to it, and another part wishes I was going to be the leader. LOL Here are a couple pictures from the day.


4 comments:

Angie Morris said...

Awe that's so cute.....and good luck for getting roped into the brownies :) I gave up after a few years haha!

Anonymous said...

Awww it sounds like a great event! I'm glad she got some awards and that you did too! That's great that Kaylee gets to be an honorary Daisy!!!

Barbara said...

Ok so that wasn't really Kay (my Mom), it was me on her computer, not noticing that I hadn't changed the username! lol

Meredith said...

Way to go for you and Mykenzie!! Cool for Kaylee too!!