Tuesday, August 28, 2007

"Mommy! You're Here!"



My baby started preschool today! I have been so excited about this all summer long but when the moment actually came that I had to turn and leave her in that class room I wondered what in the world I was thinking! She is my BABY! Of course I know she will be fine and she will love every minute of it, for me it is hard to think that she is growing up. She went in and sat at the table and started on a puzzle, I took a few pictures and then gave her a kiss and told her I was leaving. She gave me a quick hand wave and said "Bye Mom" and that was it. She was instantly transformed into a big girl. She is growing up so quickly! She peed in the potty this morning twice before school started and she must have went at school as well because she came home dry with all of her pull ups still in her backpack.

This morning before we left I packed her backpack with all of the things she needed for the day, her rest towel and her pink blanket to sleep with, a change of clothes just in case and her pull ups and wipes. I got all of that stuff in and just looked at it trying to figure out how in the world I was going to fit her lunch box and folder in as well. After some rearranging I managed to get the lunch box in and told her she would have to carry her folder. I helped her get it onto her back and as soon as I let go she tumbled backwards because the thing was too heavy!LOL It was so funny! Luckily they get to leave their towels at school so we wont have to do that everyday!!! They almost kept her pink blanket too, thank the Lord that I realized we were missing that, or tonight would have been a nightmare! Her teachers are Ms. Nikki and Ms. Kelly and they said that she did really good today and was 1 of only 3 kids who fell asleep at nap time! They had a little birthday party for the August birthdays (there are a ton in her class) so she was really excited that she got to have another bday party! When I got there the kids were all wearing conductor hats and standing on the carpet looking at books. I had to say her name twice before she finally saw me and when she did she ran to me and gave me a hug and said "Mommy! You're Here!" She had a great day and loves her new school. I am glad that I decided to put her in this year but I definitely miss not having her with me. I am sure I will find plenty to do in my free time though ;-) Enjoy the pics of her first day. Click Here

5 comments:

busymomof3 said...

How sweet!! She looks so grown up sitting at the table! How did you do with your first day alone??

Anonymous said...

She looks adorable. That is wonderful that she did so well!

Shannon said...

So cute!!! Glad she did so well her first day. How did you do?

Amber said...

Oh my gosh...she looks so big with her backpack! I almost cried! What's wrong with me??

I'm glad she had a good day & I hope that yours was equally good.

Barbara said...

She truly is a big girl!! I'm proud that she did so well!!