Monday, August 13, 2007

Awesome Weekend and First Day of School

I had such a great weekend! I guess it was making up for my week being completely ruined by my kids getting sick! Friday night I went to Meredith's house for Bunco. We had a great turn out and we had such a great time that we ended up staying till about 1:30am! All the money that we pay to play was counted at the end of the night and our total was $200!! All of that money is for the Jurgens family so it is awesome!

Saturday morning was time for Rascal Flatts ticket buying mode. Chandra, Barbara and I were all poised at our computers and ready to go. I was the first one in and my seats were section 118 Row EE, Chandra was next and hers were section 208!!! So we hurried and bought the ones that I had. Once the transaction was complete we of course kept searching, we really weren't finding anything better, until Travis got on and he found us section 114 (which is right by the stage)seats are a little higher up than the others but still we'd be closer. So we bought those too! Now I have 8 tickets to the concert and have to sell 4 of them!!! Wish me luck, or call me if you are interested. They were $311.50 for 4 tickets :)


After that was finished we all went to Opry Mills to pick up some last minute back to school stuff, I finally found Mykenzie some tennis shoes and I got myself a pair of black shoes that Travis HATES! He hasn't been liking any of the shoes I've been bringing home! lol I like them, so that's too bad I suppose. I also racked up at The Children's Place! I got Kaylee 6 shirts (2 of them long sleeve), Mykenzie got 2 shirts and 2 pairs of jeans and my total was $78 but after my coupons I only paid $48!!! She let me stack coupons, I have no idea if she was allowed to or not but I really don't think so, but hey I'll take it!!!

Sunday we went and had lunch and then went to Mykenzie's open house at her school. This is her new school that literally just got finished Friday! It is beautiful on the outside! The inside is super nice. They have huge flat screens in each class room. Her class has 6 new Mac. computers and MP3 players (not sure why). There is so much space in there it is amazing! The school she has been at was so small and this one is just wonderful in comparison. The library is gorgeous too, it doesn't look like it belongs in a elementary school! We got to meet her teacher. She actually called on Friday to talk to Mykenzie and let her know who she was. She seems really nice so hopefully we have a great year. She is older though and we haven't had an older teacher yet so I wonder how different it will be. There are only a couple of kids that she knows so she was a bit nervous going into class today.
Our morning went pretty well for us considering we really haven't gotten up and gotten moving that early all summer. Kaylee was horribly whiny but she is fine now. I walked her in to school today cause there was no way she would have remembered which way to go. I was gonna do carpool line tomorrow but I think I will walk her in tomorrow as well. I forgot to take pictures this morning!! She was pretty happy I left my camera at home though once we got to school. I may just bring it tomorrow though! lol I will at least get a pic in front of the house. Now we are gonna find something to do to pass the next couple of hours till we go pick Mykenzie up. It is only a half day today so we don't have long. Tomorrow I will take Kaylee and do something fun since Mykenzie will be in school all day long.

1 comment:

Barbara said...

Bunco was a blast! I love that picture! I'm gonna swipe it!

I'm glad Travis tried to prove he could get better tickets than we could and did! I can't wait for the concert!!

Her school sounds awesome!