Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Mykenzie update

Mykenzie has some big news. After 10 long months she is now braces free! She got her braces off and she is so thrilled about it. Her teeth look so good!! I am so glad we got it done while she was so young. Fingers crossed they stay this way and she wont have to do it again. Dr. Jones said she has a 50/50 shot so here's hoping. It is so weird to see her with them off, even a month later. She is such a pretty little girl and now she has a beautiful smile to go with it.

I had a parent teacher conference with Mykenzie's teacher last week and got her report card. She is doing great and her teacher had great things to say about her. She got straight A's. She continues to love to read which I am still super excited about. She always has at least one book with her now.

She is getting older now and with that comes some preteen drama. Oh geeze what a pain in my butt! Listening to her drama stresses me out! This is the hard part of parenting that people don't tell you about. The bigger they get the bigger their problems... Girls are so darn mean to each other and she is right along with them being mean. I don't want her to be like how I was growing up... I wish I could get her to change her attitude about things before it is too late... just keep trying I guess. She is a really good kid but there is one girl she doesn't like and she is CONSTANTLY talking about how much she doesn't like her. We have had a lot of talks, maybe one day it will sink in.

Mykenzie is changing so much physically it is scary. She is truly a 'tween and will be a full on teenager faster than it seems should be possible. Lord help me please.... Better call for that refill ;)

No comments: