Friday, May 22, 2009

Mykenzie's fun night

Mykenzie's class Pool Party!
Mykenzie and her Arch-enemy Seth

All the kids trying to drown Mrs. Calvin? Nope just showing her love, she isn't crying promise.
Mrs. Calvin is the best teacher ever! How many of your teachers would throw a pool party for the whole class, let alone do this?

Mykenzie chatting it up with Mrs. Calvin, cause apparently all day at school wasn't enough. It is so great to have a teacher that all the kids love!

Mykenzie's teacher invited her entire class over to her house last night for a pool party. They had sooo much fun and it became very clear very quickly how much all the kids adore their teacher this year! After last years nightmare of a teacher it has been such a blessing to have this one this year and if we are still in this district when Kaylee is in 3rd grade we will be requesting her again. The temps hit the upper 80's, low 90's when we were there and the water temp was 82 degrees though they are all hollering when they first got in about how cold it was.

Mykenzie has a boy in her class that she refers to as her arch enemy, in reality his name is Seth. They apparently both don't like each other. I told her it sounded like he had a crush on her but she says no way they can't stand each other. Well from what I saw, it is certainly a crush on both of their parts and neither of them recognize it quite yet, which is fine by me. They spent the time in the pool splashing, pushing and throwing balls at each other all night. I have to say though he is the cutest little boy in her class ;) I was telling her in the car last night on the way to pick up Kaylee that I thought so and that I thought one other little boy was cute and she said "Mom, can we not talk about cute boys." LMBO

She and I have gone from not being able to hardly stand each other (I always said if she had to chose between parents she would pick Travis in a heartbeat,lol) to actually having a decent relationship. I enjoy spending time with her and I hope it continues. It is more difficult when I have both of them together cause all they do is pick and fight with each other but it is nice to know that we are going to have a better relationship than I predicted a few years ago.

Here are some photos from her fun pool party, you have to check out her teachers swan dive (she is a grandma) and all the kids all over her. In the one picture she looks like she is crying and the kids are comforting her but they are really just hanging on her and she is wiping water from her eyes. lol

Not sure what blogger malfunction is but it wont let me move the pictures so they are at the beginning of the post now...ugh

No comments: