Friday, March 06, 2009

Just a bitch bitchin'


So I finally went to the doctor and spoke to her about meds for my pms moods. She agrees with me that it sounds like I probably need some and tells me I have PMDD and wrote me a script. So I call my insurance company because getting the meds through them is cheaper for us so for a long term thing it makes more sense. I had to talk to several people because the name of what they had to send me was different than what the doctor prescribed. After a while we finally got it figured out that it is the generic for what she gave me (she told me the generic was something else) great fine, whatever. They tell me it will get to me in 7-10 days.

Fast Forward to yesterday and there it was in my mail. Now I am PMSing and now is the time I need those magic little pills, perfect time to put them to the test, right? I open the package and it is a totally different prescription that what we discussed!!! So I call and it turns out that my insurance company wanted the prescription changed because it would cost them less money! They contacted my doctor for the ok and went with it. Never was I the patient and policy holder notified! The meds they sent are an ANTI-DEPRESSANT, I DON'T NEED AN ANTI-DEPRESSANT! Not only do I not need it but I don't want it in my medical history that I was on one. Not there is anything wrong with it if you actually need it but since I DO NOT I don't want it on there.

So I in my PMS pissy-ness told the man on the phone that I didn't give a shit what the insurance company wanted and I had damn well better be consulted before my medication gets changed again ever! Ridiculous! So they are going to fix it and send me the right stuff but it is going to take another 7-10 business days. Bastards. I have to go in to the doctor in May for a 3 month follow up. Um yeah I won't have been on it for 3 months thanks to these jack offs. When I asked if they would express ship it because of this, I swear they were trying not to laugh and told me I would have to pay $17 for that! I told them I wasn't paying for anything since they are the ones who fucked it up. Really? Do you think it is smart to mess with a hormonal woman who has been prescribed medication to deal with PMS symptoms? Fucking men.

I just want to lock myself in my bedroom and come out in a few days when this is over.

I do have another story with a good ending but I am gonna leave that one for another day

2 comments:

Christy Sanford said...

have you got your new ones now? that is nuts!!! stuff like that drives me insane... big hugs!! so sorry !!!

Barbara said...

That is very nuts!