Friday, October 17, 2008

The week is over

I feel like I have had an unusually busy week. Well, at least the second half has had alot crammed into it so it feels that way.

Kaylee is sick.... again. Double ear infection. She has a cough at night but isn't really coughing during the day. It sounded croup-like last night but the Dr. didn't think so today I guess. If she is barking again tonight she will be back in the morning. If not she will be back in the morning along with Mykenzie to get their flu shots.

Kaylee had her field trip to the Pumpkin Patch yesterday. Last year it was cancelled and this year it was again crappy weather with occasional rain but we went anyhow. The kids had a great time and Kaylee was so happy to be on her first field trip! Though she was a bit bummed they didn't get to ride a bus there. It was nice to go and do a guided tour instead of running wild I gotta say.

Last night was our Light the Night walk. It was cold and raining and nasty outside but the people were out full force to walk to cure Leukemia and Lymphoma. I dare say there were more people total than last year. Our group was a little smaller but we raised money and walked for Jenna. Hopefully I will be able to add the group photo to share soon. I didn't get it on my camera and I didn't take many pictures this year cause I was too dang cold. We wore shirts with the picture of Jenna with her sticking out her tongue. They turned out really cute and we had several people stop us and tell us they loved them. Another Thank you for the walk too; Rachel thank you so much for sponsoring me!!

Today was Mykenzie's schools fall festival. The kids had a great time and Mykenzie won us a cake at the cake walk, yeah baby. There were so many kids there and the lines were pretty long. In the years we went in the past there were no where near that many people and the lines were not nearly as long. I decided that we were going to walk there since you couldn't park at the school since the stuff was set up in the parking lot. Yeah, the walk there was fine but the walk home it was really cold and dark and the girls were tired and whiny and it felt like it would take forever. Did I mention it was freaking cold? Ahh well, we are home and toasty now.

No big weekend plans other than the pumpkin patch (again) with girl scouts (joy) on Sunday. I may try to talk Travis into going to the zoo tomorrow night for their Halloween thing but I don't know. Stupid me bought flimsy costumes for the girls and it is COLD, especially at night now. We shall see

1 comment:

Barbara said...

Ouch, I hope Kaylee is all better now!!