Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Today and stuff

I am happy today, especially now that the sun is shining and the rain has gone away. My morning was AWFUL! Kaylee was a total brat having a fit first about not wanting to wear panties cause they go in her butt all the time (this is a new frequent battle) and then about not wanting to wear socks cause the "line hurts my toes!" This is also a recent battle, just in time for cold weather, joy. Once we got out the door things were fine. We went to the Discovery Center and met up with some friends for a playdate. We stayed till about noon and then ran over to the library and we each grabbed a few books (here's hoping I actually read the ones I got this time!) Mykenzie is FINALLY learning to enjoy books!! I was so worried that she would always hate to read and it would always feel like a chore to her, but lately I have seen a bit more excitement in her about reading! I am soooooo happy!

Then we came home for lunch and the off to Michael's to pick up a few Halloweeny crafts to do tomorrow for something to do. I have been fighting getting out the couple halloween decorations that we have but I may have to give in tomorrow. I am not a fan of the decorations I own so I wasn't going to put them out but I guess I just need to get over it and get them out, then at least we will have SOMETHING!

I have the girls Halloween costumes! Yay! They are both being the same thing this year which is a little strange for me but was my idea! lol They are both going to be Flapper's from the 20's :) We are working on a try-it (badge) in Girl Scouts called Through the Years where you learn about how people were in a different decade. We are going to incorporate it with our Juliet Gordon Low (the founder of Girl Scouts) birthday party which happens to be on Halloween. So since Brownies were founded in the 20's we chose that decade to learn about. So the girls are going to make the Flapper headbands at our next meeting (Monday) and make makeshift cheap versions of the Flapper dress. I decided that since we were doing this anyhow I would just buy my girls the Flapper Halloween costumes and kill 2 birds with one stone for them. Look at what they are gonna make at Girl Scouts though :) I am all proud and think they came about pretty cute for the amount of money spent, around $20 total for 17 girls. Not exactly a Flapper dress but you get the point with it. To buy the fringe you would typically use for it was $2something a yard (remember at least 17 girls) Instead the beading I bought I got for $2.75 total for about 10 yards!! Score!


No comments: