Our trip to Gatlinburg was really nice. We got in Monday around 3 and checked into our beautiful cabin with a spectacular view! I turned into my MIL and took a ton of pictures of the same mountains!lol They were so pretty and at sunset, ahhh, breath taking. The leaves were starting to change on the trees and the difference between Monday and Thursday was already amazing. I am thinking if we would have gone a week later the leaves would have been mostly changed and that would have been really nice. But we were happy with the view with our green leaves too! lol
Tuesday we went to the Aquarium. I personally liked it better than the Atlanta one. The girls had a blast and really loved the sharks. I was amazed by the huge turtle skeleton they had hanging from the ceiling!
The outlets were a total bust! The Old Navy is no longer an outlet, apparently they have done away with those. There were no good deals to be found. I could have spent a fortune at the Bombay outlet though! Part of me wants to go back and buy the things I wanted but didn't get. I am dissappointed in myself for not buying at least the hall table I wanted. I was trying to be good! lol
We went to oober gatlinburg. The ride up was really nice, beautiful view. The black bear habitat was pretty neat too. We had a bear that was posing for us and then another that kept doing this trick that apparently he knew was funny. I felt really badly for them though, they looked really sad and not in the best conditions. They said that they were born in captivity and couldn't survive in the wild but still they had the saddest eyes. Since none of us can ice skate we skipped the rest. It was pretty run down we thought but the tram ride was worth going on.
I think that is about all we did other than go out to dinner several times. We just hung out at the cabin and played pool and hung in the hot tub. It was a nice trip. Mykenzie was bummed once she found out about Dollywood. She wanted to go so we told her next time when she was bigger and could ride more stuff we would go, that perked her up! lol Not sure how soon we will go back but we had fun and are really glad we went :) I am working on putting pics on shutterfly now so hopefully I will have a link soon.
4 comments:
Glad you had a good time. The mountains are really beautiful this time of year. Did you do lots of shopping?
Sounds like a nice relaxing trip, I can't wait to see more pictures! Sorry about the shopping. I'm bummed for you, the Old Navy Outlet rocked.
Glad you guys had such a good time!!! I hate when shopping doesn't pan out the way you want it to ;)
It is beautiful there! I bet it was nice to get away from everything. I be you loved the hot tubs. One of those is on my wish list.
Post a Comment