Friday, October 19, 2007

Thanks for Helping me Light the Night!


Part of our group of walkers :)


Chandra, Jacy and Barbara


Rain, thunderstorms, hail and tornado watches were in our forecast yesterday. We must have had a lot of people watching out for us including Jenna because all that held off and we ended up having perfect weather for our walk. It was a wonderful way to celebrate Jenna's life and remember her. It was humbling seeing all of those that have lost someone to these diseases and to see all the people who were still fighting their battle. We came together and walked for our friend and with all of our donations we raised over $4000! Thank you to all of those who donated! My friends and family helped me raise $405 for LLS, beating both my written and "personal" goals! You guys are awesome!

We wore buttons with pictures of Jenna as well as Light the Night Blinking Buttons and a sticker that said "I am walking for Jenna". We had a Jenna's Friends banner and carried red illuminated supporter balloons wishing we would have had a white survivor balloon in our bunch with us. Jenna was with us in spirit and I think she would have been thrilled to have us do this in her memory. Janna (Jenna's mom) walked with us and when she wanted to go dance with the band when no one else was, we knew Jenna was there too. We all danced, just our group, people who normally don't dance joining in. We celebrated Jenna's life. We all miss her so much and hope that by our donations we can help LLS get one step closer to finding a cure so no one else has to lose someone they love.

It was too dark for my camera (it sucks) but while we were waiting for the shuttle there were lights on a building so I got some photos while standing in line. Other people took more so I will add them as I get them. Light the Night Pictures

This is the photo we used on our buttons! Silly Jenna!

4 comments:

Tamra said...

aww can you send me the pictures to post on her blog? tamrathorne@yahoo.com

Amber said...

Woohoo! $4000 is awesome--you guys rock!

And wtg on meeting your goals :-)

Anonymous said...

It was a wonderful night!

busymomof3 said...

LOL Jacy! I just saw the link and the pics you "borrowed" LOL
I'll send you the originals girl!
It was a great turnout and very inspiring!