Kaylee is officially a reader. Yes I know she is in the first grade and should be reading, but she is reading! I am amazed at how fast she seems to catch on to the whole concept. It was such an easier experience with her vs. Mykenzie. Mykenzie hated it and struggled. Kaylee just did it like she always knew how and never really had an issue. I used to yell and argue and totally stress out with Mykenzie on a daily basis, and I have never had to do that with Kaylee.
Is it because she is the second child? Because she started in preschool at 3 years old vs Mykenzie's 4 years old? Or simply because it just came easier for her? I don't know why or how but it snuck up on me how quickly she became a good reader. I am thrilled it was easier this time around and that something I had been dreading 4 years ago ended up being effortless. I love that she can read and enjoys it. I love that even though Mykenzie had a rough start she loves to read now and is constantly asking me for new books. I often put her to bed at night reading a book and find her the next morning book in hand because she woke up and wanted to read some more. We have come a long way but it is good to know that everyone in our house throughly enjoys relaxing with a good book
No comments:
Post a Comment