Monday, December 28, 2009

Whew!


Christmas has come and gone! It is so crazy how long we all prepare only to have it over so quickly. We had a great week leading up to the big day. Friends came over on Tuesday for our annual ornament exchange and we all got super cute ornaments that we love for our tree.

Mykenzie finally caught me on the right day a few weeks ago and asked if her friends could spend the night over Christmas break so that took place Tuesday night. Two of her BFFs from school came over and had way too much fun. There were little giggles well past 1am. They are really good girls so we will definitely have them over again.

Girls with friends and gingerbread house creation


Wednesday the day I have been waiting for and the thing I had wanted to do for years finally arrived. We went to see the Radio City Christmas Spectacular with the Rockettes!!! It was the first time I had ever set foot into the Grand Old Opry and the show was fantastic. I will probably never go back (seems like something you only need to see once) but it was worth it and I would recommend it highly :)
Girls at Grand Old Opry

Thursday was Christmas Eve. Travis needed to wrap some gifts so I took the girls to movies to see the newest Disney princess movie The Princess and the Frog. It was really cute. After some dinner we spent the evening opening gifts that family had sent us and playing board games till it was bedtime.
Mykenzie reading us 'Twas the Night Before Christmas

Christmas morning was relaxing. We all remained in our pjs all day. We were up at 6:30 and opening gifts. The girls got way too much and were very happy with w
hat they received. We all just hung out and played all day. Ate too much ham and sides and just chilled.

Here are the photos from the day :)


No comments: