Sunday, October 04, 2009

School and life in general

It has been awhile since I have updated what is going on in our house. Basically we have been to busy for me to even think about this blog.

Where should I start, lets go with my school business. I turned in my first major grade English paper last week. It was due on Wednesday and I could not be happier that it is over with. Of course we have already begun our second so the process begins again. Won't have the grade back until the end of October. I had the entire thing written and had it in my 3-5 page limit and then realized it needed to be double spaced! Grr! That brought it to 9 pages so I ended up picking a whole new topic and rewriting the entire thing. Hopefully I get a good grade, though I don't know why I wouldn't, I did the assignment I was supposed to do.

Ahh, Speech class is next. NOT FUN! I really enjoy chatting with the other students in this class and we have all bonded over our hatred of public speaking but the public speaking of the class sucks. We had to get up and talk, just off the cuff. Tell a little about ourselves. I was a bumbling idiot! Seriously, it was terrible. Luckily when I actually had to do my real speech for a grade I redeemed myself and did pretty good. I was still a nervous wreck but at least I knew what I wanted to say and had spent a LOT of time practicing it. I finally got that grade back last week and ended up with a 48 out of a possible 50 points. That makes me happy but I am a little (ok a lot) pissy about what I got marked off for. She tried to say that I didn't preview the body of my speech in my intro and I SO DID!! She read my manuscript prior to the speech and wrote and I quote "excellent intro" on it. I said the intro WORD FOR WORD and she said I didn't preview the body? WTF? Anyhow, I am trying to just be happy I did well and forget about that but like I said I am quite pissy about it.

I have no clue how I am doing in my theater class. My teacher (also my speech teacher) is a total scatterbrain. We have turned in 3 things, very small minor things, for a grade but who knows if we will ever find out how we did. If I had to guess I would say I am currently holding out at an A. However, we had to do a character analysis on the musical Showboat and I don't think I formatted it correctly so who knows how much she will deduct for that crap. But really how can you tell someone to write a character analysis and not tell them how to do it (we have never done that) or what you expect. Seriously she is nuts. I am going to be pissed if I don't do well cause I have a lunatic for a teacher.

Moving on. Mykenzie had to do her first report last week. She had to do a one page report on Native American Nancy Ward. She also had to complete a poster with pictures and facts, and do an oral presentation. She was not allowed to read her report out loud, she just had to get up with her poster and talk. She had to present it on Friday and brought her grade home the same day. She ended up with a 35 out of 35 possible points on the report, 35 out of 35 possible points for her poster, and 28 out of 30 possible points for her oral presentation. So her total score was 98 out of 100 possible points. She was so nervous to get up and speak in front of her class and I am so proud of her that she pulled it together and did well.

Now I will update on the freaking Swine Flu, oh sorry I mean H1N1... whatever. Kaylee ended up sick last week, on Sept 25th. She had a temp of 102 that didn't come down with tylenol. Travis took her to the doctor (Kenzie and I were at our Girl Scouts garage sale) on Saturday (the first time he has ever taken either of our kids to the doctor, btw) Even though her fever had broke in the middle of the night and she seemed ok, she tested positive for type A flu. Grr. Luckily the fever stayed away and she was able to go to school on Monday (or I would have been screwed since I had to turn in my rough draft and T had to go out of town). Also take note that this occurred exactly one week after she received her flu shot. Fast forward to yesterday, October 3, and now Mykenzie gets a 102 fever. Luckily I had extra of the Tami flu (long story) from Kaylee cause that crap cost $85! so she has been taking that and so far has been fever free since last night. Hopefully that continues cause once again I have class tomorrow and need her to go to ESP (the girl are on fall break so they have to go to the extended stay program at school)

Lets see. Beyond that I have had a ton of stuff going on with girl scouts and putting together the yard sale we had last weekend. So glad that is over but we leave for camp on Friday so there is no rest cause now I have to figure out what the crap we are going to do while there. We are doing the horse program again. Mykenzie gets to ride cause she is a junior this year so that will be really cool. Kaylee gets to brush and learn about horse safety. They are both really excited though Kaylee wishes she could ride too. I let her ride the pony's at the school's fall festival the 24th though so that was nice. The child loves horses and that was the first time she had ever been on one or touched a real one!! She was over the moon!

Aimee had her baby on the 30th!!! Brielle Raylin (that would be my middle name, Rae and Aimee's middle name, Lynn combine, aww. How sweet is that?) She is such a sweetie! And a chub! She weighed in at 8lbs 15oz and that was 2 weeks early. They are home now and my mom was able to be up there with her for the week though I assume she is leaving today or tomorrow. I am going up to see her on the 14th. I can't wait. I will only be there for a few days but I am so excited to go see them all. I will be flying for the first time in 4 years and the first time ever by myself. The way there is a straight shot but I have a layover on my return flight. Fingers crossed.

Ooh! We FINALLY got a family picture taken!! Shocking right? The last professional family picture was taken 9 years ago when Mykenzie was exactly 1 month old. Yep. That is sad people. You have to wait to see them though, well unless you are Travis' facebook friend cause he put them on there. I want people to wait till Christmas cause uh, heck yeah that will be Christmas gifts for people :) If you read this and want one, LMK what size ;)

I think that is all the major time consuming things going on. Though there have been plenty of smaller things for sure, baby showers, picnics, my car dying. Not that they were small things, just smaller less time consuming things that have been going on.

No comments: