1. Trip to Ohio in June. We had such a good time visiting family and friends. Drama as always and makes us glad we don't live in those towns but wish we were still closer than we are. We have some great people in our lives.
2. Kaylee got 10 inches of hair cut off and it is ready to be mailed to Locks of Love. Yes I said it is ready, I suck and haven't mailed it yet. This week I swear!
3. Mykenzie had a week of VBS in June that she loved. She also had several days of girl scout day camp in July. She had a great time at that as well so I think I am going to look into doing a week long one for her next year.
4. Kaylee had a week of kinder camp in June. She got to meet some of the teachers and learn what her days are going to be like in the big school. She ended up being much more nervous than I would have ever guessed her being but I think overall she enjoyed it and she is going to really enjoy kindergarten.
5. Mykenzie turned 9! Holy Moly! She had a skating party with her friends and they all had a great time. She is doing much better on her roller skates now. Kaylee did very well for her first time on skates as well.
6. Travis' friend Ernie came down for a visit over 4th of July weekend. This means that our roof is actually fixed now! Yay!! 3rd times a charm right. Kaylee loved having him here and didn't want to leave his side for a second.
7. I turned 29! Gasp! I am now officially in the last year of my twenties. Next year at this time I will be 30. I remember when I thought 30 was so old!
8. We got a zoo membership. I swore I would not buy another one here because it costs too much and it isn't that great of a zoo. Well I broke down and got one and we have already used it twice! Once with friends and once with just the 4 of us. I would imagine that since we have it we will get our money's worth out of it anyhow.
9. Blueberry picking! We went blueberry picking with our playgroup and it was tons of fun! The plan was to make yummy blueberry muffins.... nope never happened. They all went to waste cause I just never had the time to do it. So sad, but it was worth the $4 of fun we got out of it anyhow.
10. Several trips to the pool with friends. We don't typically have a ton of trips to the pool with friends but we took advantage of it this year. We had a great time going and hopefully we will continue to take advantage of that free fun thing to do for the kids.
11. Thanks to all of our pool trips, both girls have become much braver in the water. Mykenzie started the summer refusing to jump off the side of the pool in the deep end to having that be the main thing she wants to do. Neither of them can swim yet but I feel confident that they will be able to next summer. Both of them have relaxed quite a bit, and since Kaylee is now 5 she can take swimming lessons without me in the pool with her so they will both be signed up soon and take them through the winter so they will be little fish by the time next summer hits.
12. We celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary. Seriously. I don't even feel old enough to have been married for 10 years! lol We went out a week early while the girls spent the night with wonderful friends. We saw a movie (Public Enemy), had a yummy dinner at The Melting Pot and went to a couple of places downtown including The Big Bang which was great fun. It was a really fun night and I am glad we got to go out and celebrate. He also bought me a new toy, I got a Mac book computer! I am still getting used to it because Apple is a whole new world from PC but I love it.
13. Vacation to visit my mom. Hanging out at her house and spending time with her is always something I love. If only you realize this when you are a teenager! lol
14. Kaylee got her ears pierced. Such a big step for my little girl. She loves them and so do we and knock on wood they are doing great.
15. Kaylee turned 5. It is still so hard to believe that she isn't a baby anymore. She had her party with her friends and had such a good time. We are so lucky to know such great people.
16. I have to report so I can be held accountable, that I have gained 8 pounds this summer. I am pretty sure at least 90% of that landed in my ass. Once school starts back up so does the workouts. This is not a good thing people.
17. This obviously isn't all we did but just some of the highlights. We have had a great summer. I am a little sad to see it end but I am looking forward to the girls being in school too. Our lives are about to change so very much I am so nervous and a little excited too. I don't do real well with change so it will be interesting if nothing else. Having both girls in school, trying to navigate being back in school myself. Trying to find a balance between everything. We are beginning a new chapter in our lives. No more babies at home just school age kids. It is really scary but I am sure we are all going to do great in our new adventures.
No comments:
Post a Comment