Monday, August 17, 2009

Look out Kindergarten here she comes!





So far Kaylee has had 2 half days of Kindergarten. Her phase in day was Friday and she had another half day today. Tomorrow starts full time school! I am nervous for her but excited too. I will still be walking her to class, even though it isn't "recommended" because she still doesn't quite remember where her room is. She is still very much so getting the hang of things around that big school where independence is so important. I have her lead me to her room in the morning and she can almost get me there, so she is close and should be ok by the end of the week I would imagine. However, since today after sitting in what could have been the longest carpool line in my life (and it was only kindergartners being picked up) I got to the doors to find my child was not there. Yep. She was missing. Oh where is she? I'd like to know that too. It ended up that she mistakenly got into the wrong line for the ESP kids rather than the car riders and then when she saw her teacher walk away she tried to follow and the ESP teacher told her she had to stay with her.... so hopefully we wont have this issue again or the mama bear is gonna be roaring pretty loud. This is now twice in 2 days that someone has misplaced my little girl, yeah the people at church on Sunday couldn't find her either. She was fine then and in the room she was supposed to be in then too. Seriously though it is not cool. Anyhow she really likes school alot and said her teacher is really nice. After we picked Mykenzie up after Kaylee's first day she asked her how it was and she said "GREAT!" She has met a new little friend too :) She is off and running into big girl world.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Glad she likes school, I'd be ticked that they lost her too. Makes me worried about picking Jackson up.