Tuesday, March 11, 2008

For crying out loud

So it started today. My child is giving smart ass answers on her homework. She had a graph she had to fill in (no clue how to do it thanks to teacher of the year) Then the question was name 2 facts about this graph. She writes "The graph is a fool. I don't know why." Can you hear me smacking myself in the forehead?!?! Then she gave the definition of a perimeter of a triangle rather than the actual perimeter of the triangle. This one I don't think was intentional since the question only read "what is the perimeter?" Not what is the perimeter of the triangle, but geeze! She got it wrong both on the school work side of the paper as well as the homework which just goes to show she isn't actually being taught these things.

On a side note about school they are starting to do multiplication already! She is doing x1, x2 and x5. Not all that difficult but still I was surprised to see her doing it. Parent/ Teacher conference on Saturday, joy of joys. I so love talking with this lady. I was checking out the 3rd grade teachers web pages today to get an idea of who to request so I don't have to deal with this crap again. I have it down to 2 people so now I have to ask around about them. Pray we get a good teacher next year!!!

3 comments:

Amber said...

Make sure you wear trashy clothes so she can keep her pre-existing beliefs about you.

Sorry, but I had to laugh at Kenzie's answers :) Better smartass answers than 3 hours of whining, right?

Tamra said...

WHAT GRADE IS SHE IN? I can't believe the homework kids are given these days! I am not looking forward to Addison being in grade school. I won't know how to help her LOL

Barbara said...

I had to cover my mouth to keep from laughing too loud and waking the kids!!! She called it a fool!!!

Sometimes I look at myself in the mirror after dropping off the kids and can't believe people saw me looking like that!