Saturday, March 08, 2008

Long time no blog

Kaylee is better. Whatever she had only lasted 2 days. Right now my brother in law, Tony and his girlfriend, Jordan are here. We have been putting Tony to work in our garage. We had a leak in the roof and it was ruining the ceiling in the garage and it was getting all moldy and nasty.

We decided to just give up with our huge fight with our home warranty people and just take the $300 they offered us so we can move on and have working appliances again. It sucks cause it was a waste of money for us but it is NICE to have a microwave and dishwasher again. Travis and Tony installed both of them yesterday. They finished the ceiling today while the girls and I played in the snow (yes we got snow again!!) Then Tony put up some picture frame molding in my dining room. Now I need to figure out what I am doing as far as paint goes in there. I can't seem to make up my mind. My latest plan Travis isn't on board with at all! lol He just doesn't want to do the work because it involves painting a room we just recently did. We will see. I need to worry about finding a kitchen table and some end tables for my living room first.

Now for the snow. This time it actually covered the ground and it was like 2 inches worth. The girls made snow angels and threw snowballs but the snow was too powdery and wouldn't pack well enough to make a snow man. It is now 2pm and most of it has melted. We went out right after breakfast to play so we didn't miss our chance.

We will be going to Ohio for Spring break this year, including Easter day. We have never been there on a holiday other than July 4th and Memorial Day before. Mykenzie is hoping the Easter bunny will be able to find us. I hate going up there at this time of year cause you have to bring your entire wardrobe with you. Hopefully we will get more spring weather and less winter. Who knows since it is a flipping blizzard up there now. I am excited to see everyone. There are 2 babies that I need to meet still! We leave in 13 days I guess I should be making some plans. Time is flying and it is sneaking up on me!

4 comments:

Ellen said...

I'm glad Kaylee is better!

Amber said...

I saw this yesterday and was so taken aback that there was something new that I found myself unable to reply ;-)

woohoo on things getting done around the house :)

Have a safe & fun trip!

Jacy said...

ahh ha ahh ha! You are soooo funny! ;)

Barbara said...

I hate that you lost the fight but I'm glad you have the dishwasher and Microwave now!! Woo Hoo on getting the roof/garage thing fixed too!