Monday, November 26, 2007

Thanksgiving and this and that

Our Thanksgiving was great! We had some friends over and between the two families we had so much food it was crazy. I only had a slight mishap with the potatos but we don't need to get into that. lol Everything worked out and was yummy. After dinner the kids all ran around playing and the grown ups played some Texas Hold'em. I so love that game. I have never played with people before, well I've played with people just not face to face I am an online gal. Let me just say that I kicked butt and it was great!

Rather than brave all of the stores on black Friday we opted to stay home and invite some friends over to play. Much better idea I'd say. There was nothing in any of those ads to get me out of the house on such a cold nasty day. Sunday's ad's however are saving me about $20 cause some stuff I already bought is now on sale! Yay! I will be doing that tomorrow while Kaylee is in school as well as returning the baby doll I got Kaylee that is Spanish speaking only. Yeah.

I ended up sick for most of the girls Thanksgiving break but luckily they were really good for me and helped take care of their mommy since Travis had to work all weekend long. I wish we could have done something a little more fun on their break though. Oh well, Christmas break will be here in a few weeks. This my friends is when the potty training will take place. I am talking hard core potty training there will be no more diapers. I haven't been very consistent with the whole thing which is why it isn't already done I am sure but this is it. I have got to get her potty trained.

My car is fixed! It was making a nasty noise everytime I would hit a small bump or a dip in the road so I took it in today and to my delight it was covered under my warranty so it didn't cost me a cent! I love a warranty!! I thought for sure it would be something stupid that wasn't covered but I was seriously being positive and hopeful. I am trying to be more positive and less stressed about stuff lately and I have been doing a pretty good job. I have lost most of my brain function because of it cause apparently I can't use my brain without stress but whatever, small price to pay for being happy/stress free right! :)

And on a final note Cami got a $70,yes I said $70 hair cut today. Check it out
*Warning* you may not want to take a drink of anything prior to looking at the picture because you may have a small mess to clean up
Kaylee's reaction: "Mommy what are you doing? That's not our dog!"
Mykenzie's reaction: "Oh my gosh! She looks like a rat!"


1 comment:

Barbara said...

She's so cute!!!

I like staying in better than shopping black friday too!!