I am so emotional this morning! I guess once you have kids your hormones never go back to what they once were cause I cry over everything ever since I had Mykenzie. Today really is a sad day though. I just dropped Mykenzie off for her last day of school and took some pictures with her and her friends and teacher. As I walked into the classroom I was shocked to see the rooms empty with only boxes piled up in the centers. And it hit me that this will be the last time I set foot in the school. They are moving to a beautiful new school closer to my house which I am really excited about but I had never really thought about missing the old one. It is just sad to see Mykenzie moving on from something she started out in. She has spent her first 2 school years in this school and she wont even remember it as she grows up. I have no doubt that the new school will be much better than this old, beaten up and way to small school but it is still sad to leave it behind. Not only are we leaving the school behind but we are also leaving her teacher behind. Mykenzie had Mrs. Watson for Kindergarten and she moved up to first grade this year and we were lucky enough to get her again. She has been so wonderful to Mykenzie and I feel really lucky that Mykenzie has gotten to have her as a teacher for two years. She didn't have a great teacher for preschool and it made it a really hard year but once she entered kindergarten she had no problems. We will both really miss Mrs. Watson.
Mykenzie has done wonderful this year. She is such a smart little girl. It absolutely amazes me the things she can do now. She can read about anything you put in front of her any more and she is excellent at math. She still gets her lower case "b" and "d" mixed up but her teacher assured me today that she will get it in no time. She started out the year with "satisfactory" in Reading, Spelling and Handwriting and she has brought them all to "Excellent" and has had "Excellent" in Math the entire year. She started the year in reading level "D" and is ending the year in level "K" They want them to be in level "I" by the end of their 1st grade year so she has surpassed that by 2 levels. I know that she is not the highest in the class but we don't need her to be. She is doing excellent and I am so very proud of her.
No comments:
Post a Comment