Well at Mykenize's school she was supposed to dress wacky. I picked out a totally hideous outfit for her and she chickened out! Decided to go with matching clothes instead. Tomorrow is her last full day of school and then she goes for a half day on Friday. This year has gone so quickly. I guess people are right when they say time really goes by fast once they are in school. She is going to be a second grader for pete's sake! I am getting OLD.
I just spent the last hour on the phone with the doctor's office and the insurance company trying to get a bill straightened out from August. I have been fighting with them since then and I keep getting bills saying if I don't pay they are going to turn me into collections. Whatever! I am not paying a bill that I should have never gotten. I was told that the state requires a hearing and vision test at a certain age, then my ins. wont pay for it cause it is not medically necessary. So after lots of phone calls I finally got a wonderful person at the insurance company who said that since it had been so long and I have obviously been told the wrong information they would go ahead and pay the doctor the money. YAY!! I am so happy. I mean it was only like $65 but I never would have had the tests done if I would have known my insurance wouldn't cover it. She had just had a free hearing test and I can take her to the eye doctor for a "real" vision test for $30 so why would I do it there with there stupid little eye chart. UGG I am so glad I don't have to mess with it anymore! Thank you Sonya at BCBS for taking the stress away from that bill!
What else has been going on. Well Travis has been off since Saturday and goes back to work tomorrow. So we have gotten the loft painted and it looks so much better. We did it the same color but there were alot of missed spots by whoever painted it before. We also repainted most of the kitchen cause the chair rail ripped some of the paint off and plus there were alot of marks on the top half since it is flat paint and if you touch it there is a mark. We also took down the shelf that mangled my van and got storage cabinets for the garage. It looks so much better in there. I will be posting a picture cause I love how much nicer it looks. I wish I would have a before shot to compare!
We took the van back to CarMax yesterday to get some stuff fixed since you have 30 days and it is covered. Well I needed new brake pads and shoes, an alignment, and then they have to send it to the dealer cause there is something wrong with the transmission and either some belts or the alternator. Now they supposedly run a 125 point inspection on all of there cars spending at least 12 hours on each car to make sure it is in excellent condition. WHATEVER! There is no way they did that and I have that many MAJOR things wrong with it! Two people drove it and felt the transmission slipping and Travis thought it felt heavy when they test drove it so how did it go unnoticed during the 12 hour inspection??? Everything that is wrong with my car is supposedly checked out. It isn't costing me any money thank goodness but it is a bit inconvenient not having a car! Travis goes to work tomorrow, so they are going to have to give me something but that means I am going to have to drive all the way to Nashville to pick up a car. This is nuts. They just better fix it right.
Oh and I got Angie's ticket booked so she and Lily will be coming down here from June 6th until we go up to Ohio on the 28th. We may have other company off and on while she is here too so it will be a full house. The kids will have a blast! I can't wait to get them out there and get some fun into their lives. It has been so rough for them lately I hope this trip does a world of good for them :)
1 comment:
Wow, that sucks about your car. Good thing you took it in, though!
I had to laugh at your paragraph about how much stuff you've gotten accomplished this week. You were right! LOL I bet it looks great, though.
I will definitely be passing thru your area between the 6th & 28th (see my blog for update!), so I guess we'll overlap with Angie's visit. But we'd only be there for half a day or so.
Post a Comment