Our turkey is bought and so are all of the other trimmings for our Thanksgiving dinner. Of course the day I bought them we got invited to someones house for Thanksgiving dinner. We are just going to stay here though, we haven't had a nice quiet Thanksgiving since before I was pregnant with Kaylee. This also means however, that we will have TONS of left overs this year! I am making, Turkey, stuffing, scalloped corn, green bean casserole, sweet potato casserole, mashed potatoes and gravy, noodles, apple pie and pecan pie, oh yeah can't forget the rolls! Then we will stuff ourselves with all of that and soon the Christmas cookie baking will begin. Geeze, looks like I lost 5 pounds just to add on 10 more during the next month :)
Our Christmas decorations are up. Travis put up the outside lights yesterday and then while he was watching the Ohio State game I put up the tree. I finally have it the colors I want it too! No more blue and silver, it is now red and gold. Very pretty. I went and bought some suff yesterday and have to take some back cause I spent too much and I think it looks full enough for now, I can always add to it later if need be. I bought a new angel, red and gold ornaments, gold ribbon and a new tree skirt. I will post a picture eventually. I only put decorations in the living room this year. The stuff I have always put in my kitchen I don't really care to have up. I don't really like it, plus alot of it I bought and painted and if you know me, you know how uncrafty I am, so they are not very good. LOL My living room looks pretty, I want to get some new stockings but they will wait for now. The girls like the cartoon looking ones so I will let them have them for another year, eventually I will have pretty ones though.
I have all of my Christmas Cards written out. I still have to address them and get stamps but I figure I have at least a week since people may think I am crazy if I would have mailed them out already.
Now for the Christmas shopping. UGG is all I can say. It is not moving along like I would like it to. I tried to buy the things I wanted for my mother in law yesterday and they don't have them anymore so I don't have any idea what I am going to get her. I should have bought them months ago. My mom still hasn't given me a clue to what she wants, I have an idea for my dad and Travis' dad now! Yay me! And some people are getting candles that I ordered for them at my gold canyon candle party I had on Tuesday :) I have about 4 small things for each of my kids. The puppy is their BIG gift this year. I still have alot of shopping to do for them and still don't really have any ideas. I will probably wait till next week to go shopping. I *may* go out on black friday but it will have to be a GOOD deal for me to do it. I have to take both girls with me so it will take alot to get me out of the house. I will still be up on Thursday at the store to buy my newspaper so I can search all the ads. I am hoping that Target puts their Christmas decorations on sale so I can get an adjustment! lol
Our puppy is sick. I don't know what her deal is she was playing last night and then a few hours later she was throwing up. She hasn't done anything today but lay on the floor, she wont eat anything. We think it is cause she was outside yesterday tied to the tree while Travis put up Christmas lights and we assume (due to the wood in the vomit) that she ate some mulch from under the tree. I hope she gets better quickly and is ok. Poor thing. She still is a good dog and I like her till she poops and pees on the floor! I realize it takes time but my hands are raw from having to wash them so much cause of cleaning up after her. I hope there is nothing awful in that mulch that could really hurt her, we have only had her a week and I will be really mad if something should happen cause she cost a fortune, but also cause she is such a good puppy and we are enjoying having her in our family.
2 comments:
You are always so NON STOP!! Sorry the pup is sick. I hope it passes soon! I can't wait to see the livingroom with your new tree!! Take some pictures!!
Your dinner sounds so good. What is Scalloped Corn tho???
Sounds like you have been busy!! you have alot of food to make. I still have never made a turkey in my life, and all I have to make is some green bean cass. for each place I am going. Jacob will also make lemon pies. We get off easy as far as that goes. but it is such a rush you can barely enjoy it. Have a great thanksgiving!! Hope the puppy is better really soon.
Post a Comment