Thursday, November 02, 2006

Cleaning Frenzy!

Tuesday I went through my room, cleaned it, dusted rearranged pictures and cleaned my bathroom. Unfortunately these 2 rooms hardly ever get cleaned cause I can close the door and no one sees them but us. I must say it feels good to walk into a clean bedroom :) I also cleaned my kitchen and both of the other bathrooms in the house.
Yesterday I spent 2 hours in my closet! Sad but that is how long it took to clean and re-organize it. Oh my goodness it is just beautiful now! I'd take a picture but since I don't have a before you can't truly appreciate all of my hard work. I also cleaned out my disaster of a coat closet. I don't have a clue how it gets so messy and unorganized so quickly, well yes I do and their names are Mykenzie and Kaylee. I have shelves with all of our movies in there that never get put back in a nice way, always just thrown and Mykenzie has a 3 drawer cart that houses her coloring books, craft stuff and play doh that she can NEVER keep cleaned up. So I went through all of it and what a difference!!! I got it so my vacuum actually fits and has its own little place! It is the little things that make me happy:) I also got half of my laundry room cleaned (all but the floor) and ALL of my laundry done (and put away). Sound like a productive day if you ask me.
Now for today... I stared by doing dishes like EVERY day. I ended up cleaning out Travis' drawers so stuff fit, on from there I walked into Mykenzie's room to put something away and I couldn't help but notice every little thing out of place. She just cleaned her room yesterday so to the untrained eye everything looked fine. Oh but not to me, I ended up with everything ripped out from under her bed and dumped out of her toy box. I put everything away properly and I feel better now. I then moved onto her dresser, I dumped every drawer and refolded and put away everything. Plus I got her summer pj's out of there so she quits trying to wear them, it is just too cold. All I have left to do in there is sweep. I went into Kaylee's room with no intention of doing anything except put some clothes that don't fit Kenzie into the totes in Kaylee's closet and let me tell you what that led to! I ended up dumping all 5 FULL rubbermaid totes out and reorganizing by size, stuff to sell, shoes,ect. Got them put back in there nice and cleaned up the rest of the closet where I found a blues clues car that I think my niece Lily would like but blue was not with it. I look out at the toy box, and think it has to be in there but I am not dealing with that today. Well I did. Her toy box was OVERFLOWING plus had a bag of toys beside it that were brought up from downstairs. I dumped the whole thing out and decided that it would only have stuffed toys in it from now on. It is a cute cloth house but the walls are made of card board and it is not sturdy and all the stuff crammed in it was making it look like trash. So I have a BIG bag of baby toys to get rid of now and some that are going in the trash. I have my pantry cabinet from my old house in her room that has always had baby blankets and packs of wipes and stuff like that, well now it is toys. I got all of her remaining toys that were in the toy box that I wasn't getting rid of to fit in there. I want to find something else eventually but for now it is working. I went through her kitchen and reorganized it too. So now I just have to sweep in there too. The carpets need scrubbed again. We just did it in the beginning of September but it needs done again. I guess it is good we own a scrubber! Now I am going to clean up my desk and fix the stupid slip covers, sweep upstairs and it will be beautiful up here. Then I have to do the downstairs. UGG There is no school tomorrow either so its a 3 day weekend. I am sure that I will be on here on Monday complaining about the disaster but for today I am enjoying my clean clean clean and ORGANIZED upstairs!!! It is only 11 am, imagine the possibilities to come!
Don't forget to watch Grey's Anatomy tonight it is a new one! WooHoo!

7 comments:

chandra said...

Where do you get the energy to get that much done before 11am? Holy crap, it would take me a week to accomplish what you did in one day. Once you finish with your house, feel free to head on over to mine and work your cleaning and organizing magic!

Shannon said...

Ditto! I agree with Chandra. I need to do some major nesting, but it's just not happening very quickly over here. Let me know what toys you want go get rid of, I might be interested in buying some.

Anonymous said...

Jacy, you can stop now cause your making me tired just reading about it LOL, Let me tell you this mortning I thought I was going to clean just normal cleaning sweep and scrub the kitchen and stuff, well I talked to Jodi on the phone and we went to Penneys and Marcs instead, So needless to say my house is still a disaster, not that I would have gotten anything done with 4 kids here anyway. I also agree with Chandra , when your done come on over and see if you can find mine.

Mary said...

I wish I had had the time to clean up today. It was clean, but after the party on Tuesday and I was so tired on Wednesday and it was a half day of school, my house is in disarray once again. Hopefully i can get some things done tomorrow. Come on over and help me out, of course if you came we wouldn't do any cleaning, lol.

Amber said...

I'm terribly jealous. Because of being sick, my house is nightmare-ish. Matt's taking a sick day tomorrow, supposedly to help me out. Let's see how that works.

PS did you like how Grey's Anatomy answered my question about the plural of the word "uterus"??? Those writers are amazing--they entertain me AND read my mind!

Barbara said...

You go girl!! You've inspired me!!

Anonymous said...

I am so jealous. My house is still a wreck. No matter how much I clean. Good news though, my carpet is comeing Nov. 27 YES!!!