Thursday, November 09, 2006

Can you believe....



There are only 46 days till Christmas!!!! I hope everyone else is more prepared than I am. I only have 1 person done and that is my 10 month old niece, so really, how hard was that to begin with? I still have to buy for my mom (and stepdad), Travis' mom, my dad (and girlfriend), and Travis' dad (and stepmom), My niece Lily (which I think I may have found something online for her), my nephews Jaden and Neeko (Neeko will end up with money I'm sure) I have a few ideas for my dad and Travis' mom but other than that no clues!

My kids are posing to be my most difficult problem this year. They really don't NEED anything (well clothes, but they aren't any fun) and there are really no toys out there that they or I see as something they would really enjoy. I wouldn't think it should be so hard to buy for them. I see things I think they would like but it is a book or something else small. I usually get them a "big" gift but that may just not be the case this year. I have been online a lot searching but either the things are way too much money or I just don't see anything. I was thinking about getting Mykenzie an electronic globe, I think she would enjoy playing with it but they are $100!! I don't think she would like it $100 worth. I am really having a hard time this year, I had the same problem with their bdays too. The stuff I want to get them just would make for a boring Christmas morning and it is pricey so they wouldn't get a whole lot more. I want to get Kaylee a toy box but the cheapest one that I found and that I like is $100 +shipping, and I would like to get Mykenzie some kind of bin system to put toys in but once again they are like $100. I just hate to get them practical things when they are still little and just want some new toys! LOL I guess I better keep looking huh. Any suggestions out there from those of you with kids my girls ages, I will take them :)

Oh yeah, do you realize that Thanksgiving is only 14 days away!!! That is close. I at least have my menu planned, not that it was hard since we have the same stuff every year. LOL Travis may be inviting someone from his work that I have never met. I hope not but I will suck it up. We will probably be putting up our Christmas decorations next weekend already! I may have a panic attack now! We cant the weekend after because Travis has to work. Last year he hung the outside lights on Thanksgiving while I cooked maybe I can talk him into that again, plus I got out of helping do it ;-) We shall see, I still can't believe how fast time is going.

4 comments:

ashkaitnjakesmom said...

I hope your thanksgiving is wonderful! At least you have a diningroom table this year! LOL

Barbara said...

I can't be of help on the Christmas, I don't know what to get either! I'm having Autumn and Breanna make lists. It's hard when they have everything they need and you don't want to just bring stuff in for the sake of bringing it in!

I think I've purchased two presents so far!

It is hard to believe how fast time is going and that Thanksgiving and Christmas are almost here!!

Mary said...

I had just had a phone call from my BIL wanting to know ideas. Hey! I have no clue what I am going to buy the kids yet, let me sit down and breathe and think about it.

Anonymous said...

Jacy,
I have you beat. I have my kids shopping all done. I was in the same situation as you though, my boys are just getting alot of small stuff this year. Nothing big. Its not about the gifts anyway. and I am sure they will not even notice.HAVE FUN SHOPPING!!