Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Tuesday Ten~ What a month

What a busy and fun time we have had!

1.  Embellished Living had it's first big craft show over spring break.  It was 3 days of people telling us wonderful things about our items.  Everyone really gave us great feedback and surprisingly thought we were a company like Home Interiors!  What!  How awesome is that?  We did much better than we anticipated and had fun in the process.  Our next show is only a couple of weeks away now and we are really excited about it.


2.  Travis and I took a big step and left our girls for 5 days!  It was the first time we have both been away from them at the same time like that.  They were happy with my mom who was great and came here to stay with them so we could go to VEGAS!!!  We went for our friend Wayne's 40th birthday!  It was a total surprise for him which made the whole thing even more fun.  Can you really think of anything better than escaping for a few days and hanging out with some great friends?  Fantastic


3.  Sadly our trip had to come to an end but even worse was most of us came home sick (My sickness started there)  The trip was worth every second of sickness we endured though, I think we would all agree

4.  Vegas may have been a very dangerous thing for me for several reasons.  1.  I got my first massage, it won't be my last ;)  2.  I got my first facial, it too will not be my last.  3.  I discovered craps,  I am looking forward to playing it again!

5.  Girl Scouts has been busy!  Prior to Vegas we went to the zoo for an overnight trip, it was very cool and the girls enjoyed it.  The week after Vegas was time for me to prepare for our very last camping trip as a troop.  We had such a great time!  It was very bittersweet for me and left me very emotional knowing I was walking away from these girls that have been a big part of my life for years now.  I will really miss seeing them on a regular basis.  Despite all the BS that has been a part of scouts the girls are fantastic and I have loved being a part of their lives.

6.  I have convinced everyone that it is a great idea to do an end of the year party playing laser tag with scouts.  I am so excited for it cause I know they are all going to have so much fun.

7.  Along with planning our camping trip when I came home from Vegas I was also planning an Italian themed party for the same weekend.  In fact, I had to drive to camp Friday, come home Saturday afternoon, host a party Saturday night and drive back to camp Sunday morning.  BTW it was 1.5 hours away...  The party was to honor my late FIL's birthday.  We about 10 guests not including us, had food catered from a local Italian place (cause lets be real) and we had a lot of Italian wine and beer and shots, lol.  We had a great time and it turned out to be a good party.  I am not a hostess so I was quite worried but it turned out to be a fun night so I'm relieved.

8.  Mykenzie is working hard at trying to earn her bronze award in girl scouts.  It is taking up some weekends but she is excited that she is going to get it.  Her group decided to work to help local no kill shelters as their community service project.

9.  Kaylee is playing soccer now.  Well kinda...  She had her first game while we were in Vegas so we missed it.  My mom took her though and she had fun.  We went to her next game.  The the next weekend she was at camp,  but it was freezing and raining so I am glad she couldn't go.  This past weekend she had to miss again but this time cause she was sick and throwing up :(  Poor kiddo is still home from school today, though she seems to be feeling pretty good so fingers crossed she can head back tomorrow cause she is bored out of her mind and really wants to go.






10.  Easter has come and gone.  Luckily Kaylee was feeling good on Easter Sunday so she was able to enjoy hunting for her eggs and her basket and she got to help color color eggs on Saturday night.  They were both happy with their goodies from the Easer bunny this year.




8.  I hired a cleaning lady.  It was a one time thing cause I had so much going on I just didn't have the time before the party.  I left my house that morning with so much guilt that someone else was cleaning my house.  Then I came home.  My house was clean, and I didn't clean it.  It was fantastic!  I can't justify it on a regular basis but it was certainly a nice treat.

9.  The school year is winding down.  I cannot believe how fast this one has gone, I guess I probably say that every year though.

10.  I am in the process of gathering pictures of my girl scouts from the past 6 years and making a video slideshow for each of them.  I have no idea how to make this happen, if anyone knows a good, free program to make that happen I'd love to know about it :)

No comments: